What the cuts mean
Care at home/domiciliary care is restricted to those
who meet critical criteria and for hospital discharge.
Once seen as not to be 'critical' the service will be
- Only one hot meal per day, a frozen meal, 30 mins
- Increasing charges for services
- A new Care Home built by the department is now run
by a private care company Four Seasons. lWithdrawal
of the shopping service
- The use of short 30 minute and 15 minute visits
to be maximised. Less time for care.
- Restrictions for Care Home placements
- A general rundown of the Home Care services and
more going out to private agencies.
Since these cuts have been implemented, staff are under
even more pressure to provide a service which is rushed,
leaving service-users with less choice and a service
that only maintains a basic level of care.
The workforce are frustrated and demoralised as their
professionalism is being continually compromised.
Back to Headlines